If a village or town lacks a market center, perhaps what the village really needs is something to market – so perhaps the highest priority would be to build a crafts center, purchase materials, facilitate education and promote the crafts. If the community is inclined towards agriculture, but the soil quality has been depleted, Building Train volunteers might build a composting facility to improve soil conditions, identify a specialty crop to cultivated and provide marketing support.
- Community Centers
- Market Centers
- Foot bridges
- Workshops for Handicrafts
Marketing and Web Support
- Website for marketing handicrafts
- Website for marketing agricultural products
- The Building Train maintains a website to sell crafts, specialty food items, spices, coffee, body products made from local materials and products.
- The Building Train may establish a temporary or permanent retail facility for marketing handicrafts and agricultural products. Such a facility will also serve as an outreach center and recruitment center for volunteers.
- The Building Train may partner with other NGOs which help to identify needs of a community.
- Organizations may include: